Click here for pricing and to Register
There are two clients that benefit from working with a professional dog trainer; the dog and the human who owns it. You work hard to create a positive and productive learning environment for the animal, but how do you do the same for your human client?
There is a technology that combines best practices of the animal world (operant conditioning and marker based training), with specific modifications for the human learner. It's called TAGteach. Using TAGteach increases opportunities for learner success, encourages focus, and creates clear communication between student and teacher.
Dr. Julie Vargas (nee Skinner) commented on TAGteach. "It's amazing that it took until the turn of the 21st century for someone to use a specialized conditioned reinforcer for human physical skills".
TAGteach is currently being used by all ages in myriad applications including: instructing medical students, PGA golfers, business management, special needs students, and of course, teaching animal trainers to train animals.
In this webinar we will introduce the basics of TAGteach including:
- Identify - Highlight - Reinforce
- How and why a conditioned reinforcer benefits the human student and teacher
- TAG Points- Dramatically increase the focus of both student and teacher
- The Focus Funnel - Reduce verbal explanations to increase skill acquisition
- How to increase reinforcement and reduce frustration for the student and the teacher
- Identify when your human client needs a higher rate of reinforcement (success) and how to provide that opportunity.
- Understand how these tools can actually reinforce the teacher and make our job more enjoyable.
Theresa is a cofounder and senior vice president of TAGteach International.
She has designed TAGteach programs for groups around the world including gymnasts in Iceland, commercial fishermen in Washington, zoo keepers in Denver, military in Norway, corporate businessmen in California, autism specialists in Boston, and dog trainers around the world. Theresa has authored several articles and continues to create individual presentations for TAGteach seminars and workshops in a wide variety of applications. She has also been an expert in the field of body mechanics and competitive athletes working with gymnasts, ice skaters, ice hockey, professional fitness competitors and dancers for the last 30 years.
Theresa holds Bachelor Degrees in Theatre and Dance from Roger Williams University in Bristol, RI, and studied Theatre and Dance in London and NYC.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- CCPDT: 1.5 CEUs
- IAABC: 1.5 CEUs
- KPA: 1.5 CEUs
- IACP: 1.5 CEUs
- Professional Members: $20/Webinar
- Full/Associate Members: $30/Webinar
- Non-Member: $55/Webinar [Join APDT membership and save!]
- For Registration questions contact Alicia Reynolds, Director of Operations at Alicia@apdt.com